Loss Mitigation Specialist I
|Title:||Loss Mitigation Specialist I|
Loss Mitigation Specialist I will be responsible for establishing contact, communicating and negotiating with borrowers, investors, and real estate agents, via verbal and written means, in an attempt to resolve at-risk mortgages.
- Handles multiple mortgage products that are 60+ days delinquent, as governed by investor, departmental and legal guidelines
- Keeps servicing files up-to-date so borrowers can receive the best assistance
- Minimizes loss due to foreclosure through the use of loss mitigation options, such as pre-foreclosure sales, loan modifications and repayment plans.
- Arranges for contractual services relating to property inspections, appraisers, real estate agents, etc., who may be involved in the inspection or evaluation of the property.
- Reviews title searches to ensure that no title issues threaten the standing of our investor’s lien on the property
- Makes calls to borrowers, borrowers’ authorized representatives, and brokers
- Analyzes financial statements, tax returns, credit reports, and the value of the collateral in order to determine and recommend the most feasible and appropriate workout to the customer
- Accurately underwrites the borrower’s income, through the review of paystubs, tax documents, benefit statements, business profit and loss statements, etc.
- Addresses any borrower question or concern. Handles escalated files appropriately by providing an articulate and complete response
- Contributes to the progress of the department by understanding the measurements used to define success and how they can positively impact those measurements
- Certifies that all required actions have taken place prior to completing a foreclosure sale
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned·
- Minimum 1+ years of Loss Mitigation, collections or related mortgage servicing experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellence in consulting and advising customers via telephone and written communication
- High School Diploma required, college degree preferred but not required
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: