The Supervisor of the Insurance Department directs the day to day operations of the Insurance, HOA, Loss Draft Claims, and Vacant Property Claims functions. This includes responsibility for the monitoring and payment of hazard insurance, flood insurance, and lender-placed insurance, as well as ensuring accurate and timely insurance claim administration in accordance with investor and regulatory guidelines.
- Monitors insurance tracking and escrow disbursements for the portfolio including the daily file exchange with the insurance vendor to ensure accuracy and completion.
- Solves problems rapidly and cost-effectively with minimal disruption.
- Oversees execution of payments for Insurance/HOA premiums according to the renewal due dates.
- Responsible for ensuring effective insurance coverage and see to the timely placement of Lender-Placed Insurance for an exposure or an insufficient policy.
- Execute and maintain reports for external clients. Perform ad hoc queries as necessary with management approval.
- Proactively and effectively monitor all vendors involved in administering the insurance process at Shellpoint. Develop and deliver scorecards to vendors, holding them to SLAs and reporting and escalating out of standard performance.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures for all business processes.
- Develop team goals and meet with associates monthly to administer scorecard evaluations and ensure adherence to department expectations.
- Monitor staffing, hiring, coaching, and personnel management, ensuring productive and accurate execution of all business processes.
- Responsible for the review of daily funding requests and reconciliation.
- Meet all required deadlines and think outside the box to solve problems.
- All other duties as assigned
- 1-2 years of analytical/technical expertise
- 1-2 years’ experience managing a team
- Mortgage servicing/Escrow Department/vendor management experience preferred
- Knowledge of SQL helpful; familiar with working in a data warehouse environment
- Strong knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of regulatory and compliance requirements preferred
- Leadership/presentation skills
- 4 year college degree preferred, business/accounting background preferably.