|Title:||Investor Accountant I|
The Investor Accountant I handles all aspects of reconciling custodial accounts. This individual must have a deep understanding of mortgage activities as they relate to bank reconciliations and reporting, specifically for Ginnie Mae, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
- Completes assigned bank account reconciliations accurately, completely and in the time frame required by corporate policy.
- Performs monthly audits of investor collection and escrow accounts.
- Research and review accounts, items, or processes selected for audit.
- Prepares and ensures accuracy and integrity of accounting and transactional records to ensure proper financial reporting.
- Identify variances and work with other departments to clear within compliance guidelines.
- Performs special projects and additional task as required.
- Use all appropriate tools to maintain detailed audit records including but not limited to MS Excel and SQL.
- Identifies operational risks and escalate issues to management.
- Primary liaison between Mortgage Operations, Accounting and Treasury Operations ensuring accuracy and compliance of all Investor Reporting/Accounting.
- 2-3 years of work experience with GNMA, FNMA and FHLMC custodial account reconciliations
- Extensive knowledge of GNMA, FNMA and FHLMC bank reconciliation guidelines and requirements
- Ability to meet strict timelines
- Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Able to effectively interact with managers and members of the functional areas including but not limited to Accounting, Treasury Operations, Operations, and Loan Administration
- A self-motivated work style and a strong desire to exceed expectations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Above average skill levels in MS Excel is required
- Basic knowledge and use of SQL
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: