Appraisal Review Specialist
|Title:||Appraisal Review Specialist|
|Department:||REO & Collateral Mgmt|
Under minimal supervision the Appraisal Review Specialist will be responsible for analyzing valuations to determine their reasonableness, defensibility, and to assure they were prepared accurately. In addition, the Appraisal Review Specialist will identify and reconcile value variances and perform internal desktop appraisal and BPO reviews.
- Review appraisal and BPO reports for accuracy and completeness when there is deviation from expected norms or when there are other reasons to be suspicious of the report.
- Perform extensive analysis & market research for appropriate comparables and make adjustments to arrive at an accurate value for the property
- Complete desktop appraisal reviews which includes arriving at a supportable opinion of market value.
- Identify and reconcile variances in value for real property.
- Updates files to ensure that Shellpoint and the investor have a clear understanding of the condition of the collateral.
- Assists in the control of expenses related to the valuation process.
- Arranges for contractual services relating to property appraisals and valuations.
- Assists in managing relationships with and performance of appraisers and vendors.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Collateral Management.
- Complies with company policies and procedures.
- Contributes to the on-going improvement of the Valuation department through sharing ideas and improvements with the team.
- Minimum two years valuations or real estate experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellence in communication via telephone and written communication.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and organizational skill.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and mathematical skills
- Basic understanding of Mortgage lending and servicing.
- Strong negotiation and follow-up skills, as well as the ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Active or inactive appraisal license strongly preferred.
- High School Diploma required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications