The Supervisor of the Tax Department directs the day to day operations of the tax functions, which include responsibility for the monitoring and payment of property taxes as well as management of the tax vendor to ensure SLA compliance, timely and accurate distribution of funds, and managing the day to day functions of the on-site Tax Department specialists.
- Manages tax tracking for the portfolio to ensure timely and accurate payment of property taxes and ensure no properties get lost unintentionally to tax sale
- Solves problems rapidly and cost-effectively with minimal disruption.
- Ensures all inboxes and tasks assigned to the Tax Department are processed in a professional and timely manner.
- Direct analysts to develop and maintain the reporting functions for the Tax Department
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures for all business processes.
- Ensure taxes are paid on time to keep tax penalties in line with or below department financial goals.
- Help Loan Administration management develop team goals. Meet with associates quarterly to administer scorecard evaluations and ensure adherence to department expectations.
- Review tax vendor performance regularly to ensure compliance with any and all service levels (SLAs). Holds vendor accountable for their performance through scorecards. Escalate vendor performance issues to Loan Administration management as needed.
- Assist Loan Administration management with staffing, hiring, and coaching to ensure productive and accurate execution of all business processes.
- Meet all required deadlines and think outside the box to solve problems relative to tax processing, posting, and refunds.
- All other duties as assigned.
- 1-2 years of mortgage servicing property tax processing experience
- 1-2 years of analytical/technical expertise
- Experience with supervising a team preferred
- Knowledge of SQL helpful; familiar with working in a data warehouse environment.
- Strong knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of regulatory and compliance requirements preferred
- Leadership / presentation skills
- 2+ year College Degree or equivalent work experience strongly preferred.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: