|Title:||Supervisor, 2nd Lien Collections (PM)|
The Supervisor in the Second Lien Collections Department works with Collections/Loss Mitigation representatives to minimize losses on delinquent second liens by working within investor guidelines as well as maintaining collection goals.
- Responsible for managing a staff between 6 to 10 specialists
- Provide guidance and leadership for management and staff. Lead and mentor staff to develop and reinforce skills, improve processes and procedures, and increase overall effectiveness.
- Supervise the analysis of financial statements, tax returns, credit reports, valuation reports, and title reports in order to approve the appropriate resolution for the customer.
- Tracks, monitors, and measures employee performance according to department standards. Provides feedback monthly.
- Oversees and facilitate the training of new employees
- Oversee the day-to-day tasks and performance of the representatives
- Assist in the control of company expenses through intelligent use of funds to resolve accounts and managing staffing and miscellaneous costs
- Schedule and monitor of all employee time records
- Undertake special projects related to departmental activities and performs other duties as assigned
- Track daily results of work efforts to assure required levels of production and efficiency are achieved
- Resolve Human Resources issues as necessary
- Monitor auto-dialer campaigns, collector’s manual calling efforts and monitor investor reports as needed.
- Must be flexible and able to work different hours/shifts if needed.
- Must be a good motivator, self-driven, and willing to do what it takes to “get the job done”.
- Minimum of 1 year of Loss Mitigation experience
- Minimum of 1-3 years supervisory experience
- Managerial skills including strong organizational, communication, and leadership skills
- Required basic understanding of Collections
- Experience analyzing financial statements, tax returns, credit reports, home appraisals, title searches and other documents to evaluate pre-foreclosure remedies
- Demonstrate strong skill set for organization and attention to detail
- Strong negotiating and follow-up skills, as well as the ability to meet strict deadlines
- Self-Motivated. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong analytical, problem solving and mathematical skills to be used to improve team’s performance
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Understanding of mortgage lending and servicing
Applicants should be prepared to obtain a Mortgage Loan Originator License which will be paid for by the company. The MLO License is preferred, but not required for this position.
- College degree preferred but not required
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: