This candidate will manage a caseload of litigated matters within the Legal Department.
- Manage and track escalated litigation matters arising out of foreclosure, bankruptcy or general corporate matters to ensure responses and deadlines are met.
- Assist in drafting discovery responses while working closely with regional counsel.
- Perform legal research using the internet and other law-related databases and resources as required on mortgage servicing topics related to bankruptcy, foreclosure, federal and state laws/regulations, and any other matters as requested.
- Look for trends in objections or any issue that could create liability and bring those issues to the attention of management.
- Assist on corporate transactional matters relating to mortgage servicing agreements and mortgage loan acquisitions or mortgage servicing rights acquisitions.
- Assist any department as set forth by direct supervisor, Corporate Counsel, or General Counsel of the Legal and Compliance Department.
- Other duties as assigned and accept special tasks as necessary and assume responsibility for successfully achieving objectives.
- 2+ years of litigation experience
- Keen attention to detail
- Diligent analytical, organization, communication, computer, and research skills
- Must be effective in multi-tasking and be goal oriented
- Must be able to work as a team or independently with minimal supervision
- Experience with bankruptcy, foreclosure, and/or litigation management (strongly preferred)
- Real estate transaction experience
- Billing/accounting experience
- Experience with CounselLink
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Paralegal certificate or applicable experience
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications