The Escalation Specialist is responsible for supporting the Customer Service Department by being a point of contact for supervisor calls. Team members will support the Performing Loan Servicing division by investigating and responding to consumer complaints that are received by the Inbound Customer Service Center, allowing other areas of the division to focus on “live” Customer Service efforts and call volume. This position is designed to resolve consumer complaints quickly before they escalate to a written or Regulatory complaint, to prevent more risk and exposure to the company, and improve the overall customer experience. The Escalation Specialist will work with various department leaders within the Performing division, to investigate and get issues resolved for the consumer. They will also be responsible for the outreach and further communication to consumers, after the complaint is received. They will be required to acknowledge the complaint, provide follow ups or status updates when needed, and eventually provide final resolution for the consumer over the phone. The goal of the Escalation Specialist is to prevent additional phone calls and additional complaints from the consumer, by providing them with a point of contact, reassurance, and continuous communication until a resolution is reached. This position will require excellent customer service and verbal communication skills, and the ideal candidate is someone who takes pride in problem solving and customer satisfaction.
- Received direct transfers and make outbound calls to consumers within 24 hours of receiving a verbal complaint, to acknowledge the complaint and provide a point of contact until resolution.
- Make outbound calls to consumers every 3 days to provide status updates on their complaint, or an ETA, until a resolution is reached.
- Research the consumer’s loan to determine the problem and next steps toward resolution. This will require some experience with reading and understanding payment/transaction summaries, escrow analyses, insurance documents, loan origination documents, credit reports, tax lines, etc.
- Follow up with other department leaders on tasks that their department needs to complete before a resolution can be reached for the consumer (getting a payment posted correctly, having an escrow analysis completed, getting their Homeowners insurance or property taxes paid, removing a late notation from a credit report, etc).
- Make outbound calls to consumers when a resolution is reached, to discuss the resolution and confirm satisfaction with the consumer.
- Assist the Regulatory Complaint team by making outbound calls to acknowledge that we received the consumer’s complaint from an agency, and then make a final call to the consumer to discuss the resolution prior to the team submitting their written response to the agency.
- Updating and maintaining the database for verbal complaints, with details of the complaints and resolutions, for tracking and reporting purposes.
- Assist with inbound Customer Service calls when needed.
- Superior Customer Service and verbal/phone communication skills is a must
- Well-rounded knowledge of Mortgage and Consumer finance a plus
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook and MS Access needed
- Familiarity with ILS systems needed
- Excellent work ethic, high productivity, and acute attention to detail needed
- Must possess a short learning curve related to assimilation of new skills and tasks
- Follow up skills and a strong sense of accountability are a must
- Superior organizational skills needed
- Ability to multi-task as well as quickly adapt to changing work assignments
- High School Diploma required.