REO Asset Manager I
|Title:||REO Asset Manager I|
|Department:||REO & Collateral Mgmt|
Under minimal supervision the REO Manager I will be responsible for the review of broker price opinions, appraisals, and other valuations, the maintenance of assets through REO life cycle, the preparation for listing of the REO asset, and the timely closing of REO sales. This individual will orchestrate most of this work through established vendors, appraisers, and brokers.
- Reviews and reacts to inspections reports.
- Reviews returned valuation reports for accuracy and completeness when there is deviation from expected norms or when there are other reasons to be suspicious of the report.
- Updates files to ensure that Shellpoint and the investor have a clear understanding of the condition of the collateral.
- Assists in the control of expenses related to the valuation, preservation and closing processes.
- Arranges for contractual services relating to property inspections, appraisers, real estate agents, etc., who may be involved in the inspection or evaluation of the property.
- Assists in managing relationships with and performance of brokers, appraisers, and vendors.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Valuations Manager.
- Complies with company policies and procedures.
- Contributes to the on-going improvement of the REO department through sharing ideas and improvements with the team.
- Minimum 2+ years valuations, preservation, or real estate experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellence in communication via telephone and written communication.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and organizational skill.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and mathematical skills to be used in directing decision-making.
- Basic understanding of Mortgage lending and servicing.
- Strong negotiation and follow-up skills, as well as the ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Experience in late stage mortgage collections, including handling modifications, short sales, and Deeds in Lieu of Foreclosure is a plus.
- High School Diploma required
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: